flexibility and compatibility
OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
- OOPstands for Object Oriented Programming. This is a technique used to develop programs revolving around the real world entities. In OOPs programming model, programs are developed around data rather than actions and logics.
- In OOPs, every real life object has properties and behavior, which is achieved through the class and object creation. They contain properties (variables of some type) and behavior (methods). OOPs provide a better flexibility and compatibility for developing large applications.
- Reusability of Code: In object oriented programming one class can easily copied to another application if we want to use its functionality .E.g. When we work with hospital application and railway reservation application .In both application we need person class so we have to write only one time the person class and it can easily use in other application.
- Easily Discover a bug: When we work with procedural programming it take a lot of time to discover a bug and resolve it .But in object Oriented Programming due to modularity of classes we can easily discover the bug and we have to change in one class only and this change make in all the application only by changing it one class only.
- Object- Oriented Programming enables us to easily model our applications based on the real world which help us to easily identify the requirements, what code is to be written and how different classes interact with each other which have same properties and behaviors.
APPLICATIONS OF OOPS
- OOP has become one of the programming buzz words today. There appears to be a great deal of excitement and interest among software engineers in using OOP.
- Applications of OOP are beginning to gain importance in many areas. The most popular application of object-oriented programming, up to now, has been in the area of user interface design such as window. Hundreds of windowing systems have been developed, using the OOP techniques. Real-business system are often much more complex and contain many more objects with complicated attributes and method. OOP is useful in these types of application because it can simplify a complex problem. The promising areas of application of OOP include:
- Real-time system
- Simulation and modeling
- Object-oriented data bases
- Hypertext, Hypermedia, and expertext
- AI and expert systems
- Neural networks and parallel programming
- Decision support and office automation systems
- CIM/CAM/CAD systems
Posted By-: Vissicomp Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Website -: http://www.vissicomp.com